Accounting Administrators Can Choose From A Variety Of Career Paths
Accounting Administrators have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of positions and industries throughout Windsor, Ontario and the rest of Canada. The role pays between $15 – $25/hour and career path with stability and regular hours.
1. Accounting Administrators Can Work As A Bookkeeper
The training students receive during their Accounting Administrator program sets them up for success working as a Bookkeeper. According to Monster.com, Bookkeepers are responsible for the following:
A Bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
2. Accounting Administrators Can Work As An Office Administrator
Office Administrators are often found working in small and medium sized businesses. The position can vary depending on the employer. This type of position allows Accounting Administrators to gain a wide variety of skills that can be transferred to other positions or other employment opportunities.
According to Workable.com, Office Administrators are responsible for:
They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
The tasks of the office administrator will include bookkeeping and mentoring office assistants. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
The office administrator ensures smooth running of our company’s offices and contributes in driving sustainable growth.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
3. Accounting Administrators Can Work As An Accounting Assistant
In larger organizations with full accounting departments, Accounting Administrator graduates can work as Accounting Assistants. The Accounting Assistant position is very involved in the day to day functions of the business. Accountingjobstoday.com provides a sample job description of:
Accounting Assistants report and record ticket sales, prepare deposits and reconcile bank accounts. Dealing with any ticketing accounting situations is a major function of this position.
- Prepare and verify daily reports
- Prepare daily income/sales and prepare daily journal entry
- Prepare daily deposits of ticket sales receipts
- Reconcile bank account for ticketing office
- Communicate with ticketing managers and others working on the ticketing systems problems
- Prepare authorized refund vouchers
- Compile monthly reports
- Investigate and collect returned items
- Maintain returned check account
- Maintain chargeback account
- Prepare monthly balance sheet schedules