Ready to Make a Career Change in Windsor, Ontario?
The average person can expect to change careers several times in his or her lifetime. One reason for all these career changes is that people often don’t make informed choices. While making an informed decision regarding your career is a good way to help insure that the career you choose is right for you, it doesn’t guarantee it. Even if you follow all the prescribed steps and choose a career that is right for you, it may not remain your best choice forever. Here are some reasons to consider leaving your current career for a new one.
You Should Consider a Career Change If …
- Your Life Has Changed: When you chose your career your life may have been different than it is today. For example you may have been single then and now you have a family. The crazy schedule or the frequent travel that is typical of your career may not suit your new lifestyle. You should look for an occupation that is more “family friendly.”
- The Job Outlook in Your Field Has Worsened:Things looked promising for your field when you entered it. Due to changes in technology, the economy, or the industry you work in, job opportunities are no longer plentiful. You should look for an occupation that has a better outlook.
- You Are Experiencing Job Burnout: Once upon a time you loved going to work everyday. You no longer feel that way. You can’t stand doing your job anymore and changing employers hasn’t helped. It could be time to find a career that will inspire you.
- Your Job is Too Stressful: Some occupations are inherently stressful. After a while the stress can become too much to handle. To preserve your mental and physical health, you may have to find a career that is less stressful.
- You Find Your Work Boring: When you did your initial research, the occupation you ultimately chose had a lot of advancement opportunities. Now that you’ve been working in that field, you’ve climbed as far up the ladder as you can go, and you miss the challenges you once faced. A career change can provide you with the challenge you crave.
- You Want to Earn More Money: You may be surprised to learn that money isn’t at the top of the list when it comes to job satisfaction. Therefore, don’t be surprised if a career that will bring you higher earnings isn’t one you will find particularly satisfying. That said, if other reasons are leading you to consider a career change, higher earnings should be something you consider when you choose a new career.