Fortis Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This position works closely with the pre-construction team to ensure success within the department and assist the VP of Pre-Construction and Estimating. This position is accountable for providing administrative support to an entire department.
- Provide administrative support to specific departments and extended offices when required.
- Review incoming invitations to bid via fax, email, or phone.
- Record information & manage tracking all documentation for required departments
- Compile and download external documents and maintain records
- Print & organize all internal and external documents
- Effectively communicate with suppliers/subcontractors, customers, and co-workers to obtain information necessary to complete pre-quoting tasks both via e-mail and/or over the phone.
- Maintain department files by converting, organizing, and saving information according to the department’s electronic system.
- Attend meetings as required, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Answer phone calls, filter to appropriate person and/or record & distribute messages.
- Additional duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Office Administration Diploma is an asset but not required.
- Strong computer skills; Web navigation, document scanning, MS office suite.
- Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: The above job description is not all-inclusive but rather highlights some important duties. Upon employment, each candidate may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Fortis Group.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off